Wednesday, December 13, 2006

1/9/2005: Finally!

What I'm about to publish here are a series of entries I wrote for a trip I took with a class to Italy in January 2005. Here is the first:

We arrived in Florence this afternoon. All are happy to have showered and brushed their teeth. The hotel (Hotel Capital, a Best Western) is nice and has internet access, which makes things a lot easier for me. Things are going well so far--the flight from D.C. to Paris seemed to last forever, but we made it. I think everyone agreed that about one hour was the standard amount of sleep we got, so we are trying as hard as we can to stay awake.

We took a short drive through the city today, and everywhere reminded me of somewhere I'd been before, until we got to the Duomo. It is absolutely massive as well as very elaborate and breathtaking.

The Italian keyboards are throwing me off quite a bit, so if there are typos that could very well have something to do with it (although the lack of sleep may also account for it).

I think that may have to be all for now. Ciao!
Pin It!

No comments: